It's high time for me to give you a quick run down on how I spent my time throughout the last couple months.Just before christmas my spine once again decided to go a bit crazy on me so for well over a week I wasn't really able to move my upper body, but everything worked out in the end (like finding working pain killers, getting massages, having a nice bro who came down to pick me and my car up (pain killers and reduced head moving radius caused me to not be able to drive myself) so that I could spend christmas at my parents house ...) and I enjoyed some family time in Saxony.
Just like every year for the past at least 7yrs or so we had an open house on the 26th where lots of friends came over for applestrudl, coffee, conversation and music.
I decided this year that it was finally time for me to at least spend some time in Pleinfeld between Christmas and New Years so I returned there just before New Year's Eve, tried getting caught up on the work I didn't get done while being sick, visited a friend from student teacher training and then headed off to Frankfurt on New Year's Eve.
There I visited my best friend from way back in High school, we went to church, worshipped in a great service and then took off to spend the night with her boyfriend and some of his friends, talking, playing games and laughing into the new year.
Initially we had wanted to climb on some sort of hill to get a better view of the fireworks, but we were so caught up in the game we played we didn't get out of the house in time to make it, so we ended up watching it from the end of a rather long road (whose "architectural design" kinda reminded me of some of the roads in Leipzig).
Eventually everyone went home and we got the first sleep in the new year.
The next day I decided to visit yet another friend who's been living in Frankfurt for a couple years now, so I did and after spending some time with my personal navigator on the phone (I still resist on getting one of those navigator systems for my car - I own maps instead. This time, however, the area of Frankfurt I needed wasn't on the blow-up I had :( ) I found the friend's apartment and we had a great afternoon together.
After that it was back to Pleinfeld and work which is basically all that I've been doing ever since.
Just like every year for the past at least 7yrs or so we had an open house on the 26th where lots of friends came over for applestrudl, coffee, conversation and music.
Between Christmas and New Years I finally was able to drive again and took the chance to go visit my god daughter and her family. When I hung out her friend came over and we all had lots of fun watching/making a little puppet show, playing merchands and caroling. The later is featured in the video clip below.
There I visited my best friend from way back in High school, we went to church, worshipped in a great service and then took off to spend the night with her boyfriend and some of his friends, talking, playing games and laughing into the new year.
Initially we had wanted to climb on some sort of hill to get a better view of the fireworks, but we were so caught up in the game we played we didn't get out of the house in time to make it, so we ended up watching it from the end of a rather long road (whose "architectural design" kinda reminded me of some of the roads in Leipzig).
Eventually everyone went home and we got the first sleep in the new year.The next day I decided to visit yet another friend who's been living in Frankfurt for a couple years now, so I did and after spending some time with my personal navigator on the phone (I still resist on getting one of those navigator systems for my car - I own maps instead. This time, however, the area of Frankfurt I needed wasn't on the blow-up I had :( ) I found the friend's apartment and we had a great afternoon together.
After that it was back to Pleinfeld and work which is basically all that I've been doing ever since.

No comments:
Post a Comment